Egmont Honey – Whipped Goats cheese and honey Dutch Baby
This is the best lunch or dinner when you are looking for something that is easy to make, packed with flavour and can be served with your fav salad or roasted veggies.
Prep time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 20-23 mins
Serves 4: w/ sides
4 x large eggs at room temp
¾ cup full fat milk
¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 x tablespoon butter
Cracked black pepper
For the filling:
2 x tablespoons Egmont Honey
70g plain goat cheese
1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
1 teaspoon dried basil
2 x tablespoons olive oil
½ lemon zested
Flaky sea salt
Ground black pepper
2 x handfuls of rocket
- In a small bowl, combine goat cheese, ¼ cup dill, 1 teaspoon basil and 1 tablespoon oil. Zest lemon over mixture, add a spoonful of Egmont honey and with a fork start to whip the mixture until creamed and well combined. Season with a pinch each of salt and pepper and let sit to marinate.
- Next, place your cast iron pan in the oven and heat to 200c.
- In a large bowl, blend the eggs, flour, salt and milk until fully combined and smooth.
- Let the batter rest for about 10 minutes until the oven has reached temperature and the cast iron pan is hot.
- Be careful removing the pan as it will be very hot.
- Add the butter to the hot pan and swirl to coat the pan and the sides. Pour any excess butter in a small side dish.
- Pour batter into the hot buttered pan and spoon half of the marinated goat cheese into the centre of the batter. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 22 minutes.
- Do not open the oven while the baby is cooking 😊
- Remove the Dutch baby from the oven and let it cool for 5 to 6 minutes. Top with rocket and any remaining dill. Spoon remaining goat cheese on top and drizzle with honey and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Slice the lemon and squeeze a wedge over the greens. Serve immediately.