Egmont Honey – Honey, fig and ginger cheesecake
A game-changer when it comes to entertaining! This cheesecake is creamy, sweet and creates a little punch of spice with the added ginger. Easy crowd pleaser and very simple to make!
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 45-50 mins
Setting time 3.5 hours
For the base:
200g gingernut cookies
60g melted butter
For the filling:
100g Egmont honey
600g light cream cheese, at room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs at room temperature
1 teaspoon of crushed ginger
For the topping:
5-6 fresh figs sliced thinly
2 tbsp. chopped pistachios
1-2 teaspoons honey to drizzle
- Begin by pre-heating your oven to 160 degrees.
- Get all your ingredients ready and put the 200g gingernuts in a freezer bag.
- To create the ginger base, crush the biscuits with a rolling pin until they make a light crumb.
- From there, line a square baking pan (23cm x 23cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Melt the butter, add to the ginger crumbs and mix to combine. Transfer to your prepared baking tin and press down with the back of a spoon to get one even layer.
- Set aside.
- For the filling begin by mixing the cream cheese with the ginger, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Next, add the eggs and mix until it is well combined.
- Pour the filling on the ginger base and then back for about 45-50 minutes.
- You will know this is ready when the edges have set but the centre of the cheesecake can still jiggle a bit when you move the pan.
- Take out of the oven and let cool down completely. From there, place in the fridge for 3.5 hours.
- To finish – slice the figs thinly and place on top the cheesecake. Crush your pistachios with a rolling pin and sprinkle over. Complete the cheesecake by drizzling the remaining honey on top of the cake.
- Slice and serve immediately.
- This cheesecake can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days.