Egmont Honey – Honey & Almond Pannacotta
Panna cotta is not only delightful, but it’s very simple to make using only a few ingredients. Mixed with deliciously creamy honey results in a creamy, smooth, rich dessert. The best bit? It can be made 2 days ahead of time!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Setting time: 4 hours or overnight
Ingredients – serves 6
1 cup of Egmont Honey
1 ½ cups full fat milk
3 teaspoons powdered gelatine
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 ½ cups thick cream
Small pinch of salt
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup walnut pieces
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Begin by pouring the cold milk into a pan and sprinkle the gelatine over the top.
- Allow it to "bloom" for 5 minutes. The top will create a skin and look wrinkly.
- From there, turn the heat on low under the milk and stir for a minute or two until the gelatine has fully dissolved.
- Next, add your ½ cup of Egmont honey and cinnamon and stir again until completely mixed together. This should only take another 30 seconds. Overall, it should only be warm and not simmering.
- Remove the pan off the heat. Pour in the cream, your almond extract and salt and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Once combined, divide the mixture evenly among 6 glasses or small ramekins.
- Place immediately in the fridge and allow to set for at least 4 hours or overnight the day before.
- Prior to serving, add almonds, walnuts and a sprinkle of cinnamon into a pan with the remaining ½ cup of honey. Bring to a mild heat and stir to combine.
- Upon serving, pour a little of this mixture over the top of your pannacotta and a crack of black pepper to finish.