Egmont Honey – Chocolate, peanut butter & honey fudge truffles
A divinely sweet treat for yourself or wrapped in some pretty waxed paper for a special homemade gift!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook/beating time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup of crunchy peanut butter
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 tablespoons Egmont honey
½ cup cocoa powder
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup coconut chips
1/3 cup sliced almonds
Sprinkle freeze dried raspberries
- Brush an 8X8 baking tin with a little olive oil.
- Put sugar and milk in a small pot and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 3 minutes, stirring often and turn the heat off.
- Slowly add peanut butter and honey and stir well. Add vanilla extract and stir until the ingredient are mixed.
- Beat the mixture hard off the heat for about 10-15 minutes and the gloss starts to turn to matte (very important to beat well as it will not set otherwise). Add the remaining coconut chips, pumpkin seeds and any other ingredient you would like in your fudge.
- Pour mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Sprinkle the fudge with freeze dried raspberries and the remaining chopped coconut & pumpkin seeds, pushing them gently into the fudge with the back of a spatula.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours – if you can, refrigerate overnight for a harder texture.
- Keep the fudge refrigerated, these make for the perfect gift or pot luck dinner dish. They are simply more-ish and so easy!